Director of Business Development
CIERTO is growing and we want someone just like you – enthusiastic, mission focused, driven, and curious – to join our team.
Who We Are:
CIERTO is a certified farm labor contractor that recruits, trains, and places experienced agricultural workers from Mexico and Central America on farms in the United States and Canada. We are based in Tacoma, WA. CIERTO (Centro de Investigación, Entrenamiento, y Reclutamiento del Trabajador Organizado / Workers’ Center for Research, Recruitment, and Training) is an international nonprofit organization (501c3) that addresses the most serious social risks in global agricultural supply chains. CIERTO facilitates improvements in product quality, food safety, productivity, and on-the-ground compliance with both legal and voluntary standards. CIERTO’s purpose is to both deepen and broaden our impact on farm worker lives and to ensure brand integrity and continuity of supply for growers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Business Development (BD) will work within one of the cleanest, most transparent, and highly ethical recruiting companies in the industry. We work with clients across the United States and Canada, with global ambitions in the years ahead.
Who You Are:
As the Director of Business Development at CIERTO, you will be on the frontline of driving our company’s growth in new and existing markets across the U.S. and Canada. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced setting with multiple responsibilities – conducting discovery calls, visiting clients, leading demos, and closing sales. You are confident in speaking with decision makers and developing prospects into clients. You are a quick learner, adaptable, and have a strong desire to be a leader and senior team member. Most importantly you believe in our values of ethical and responsible recruitment and will work to drive responsible recruitment in the industry.
- Investigating, researching, and discovering farm/FLC requirements
- Identifying stakeholders and their role within the organization
- Following up with prospective clients throughout the sales cycle to ensure success
- Presenting tailored software demonstrations that meet the exact needs of prospects
- Compiling and analyzing data to find trends
- Developing sales strategies
- Staying current on company offerings and industry trends
- Building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts and internal departments to create a better customer experience
- Troubleshooting and handling objections, rebuttals, and negotiations
- Work with CIERTO leadership, in particular the H-2A Program Director, Executive Director, and COO to effectively uncover new opportunities and streamline sales processes. You will ensure we stay on task in the process
- Travel to tradeshows and meet with clients
- Generate new business by prospecting, conducting market analysis, and cold calling
- Drive the entire sales process: target top prospects, identify solutions, qualify leads, identify, and find decision makers and key influencers, identify, and sell against obstacles, conduct software demonstrations, negotiate, and close sales
- Articulate industry and market facts to position CIERTO as a competitive solution
- Update sales pipeline and forecast coordination
- Leverage cross-functional resources to achieve results and meet current/prospective client needs
- Stay abreast of current industry trends and market competition
- Act as a “solutions expert” consultant by helping partners with their unique critical business issues and strategic initiatives
- Work with the Executive Leadership to share ideas and new business development strategies
- Perform general account management duties especially sales to existing clients and contract development/execution
The Director of Business Development will be thoroughly committed to CIERTO’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and a track record of successful sales and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- 3-5 years of sales experience in agriculture, FLC, farm or related environment
- Drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Salesforce or similar sales reporting tools
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Perform outbound prospecting activity through phone, email, and sales tools
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, mission-based, fast-growing environment
- Experience collaborating with small teams
- Driven self-starter with high initiative and confidence
- Conduct on-site and remote presentations with decision makers and C-level executives
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Proven history of success driving annual recurring revenue along with new sales
- Strong knowledge of agricultural industry including farmworker movements, growers, retailers, associations, and government agencies
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with H-2A program
- Desire to work in a startup environment
- Understanding of non-profit management
- Competitive salary and benefits: base + commission estimated range $120K-$150 at plan
- Performance-based commissions
- 401k match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
Please email your resume and cover letter with “Director of Business Development” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications until the position is filled.
** CIERTO is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.