Our proven six-step process is designed to meet the needs and represent the best interests of both growers and farmworkers.
We prioritize relationships over transactions.
• CIERTO sets up an initial, in-person meeting to understand your specific and unique needs and establish a direct and open communication.
• We collaborate with you to identify previous labor recruitment challenges and to customize a profile that delineates clearly every aspect required of your workers on the job.
• Close attention to detail is key to a successful H-2A visa petition and ensuring labor contract compliance.
• We conduct an initial preliminary assessment to ensure that your workforce requirements qualify for an H-2A visa petition.
• Successful applications result in a custom contract for labor recruitment.
Transparency and integrity in the recruitment process are core to our work.
• CIERTO handles the entire recruitment process, applying transparent, honest and humane practices that respect workers while screening for the most qualified prospects and protecting you from potential unlawful activities.
• We know that once you sign a contract for labor recruitment, anything that happens with workers between the community of origin and your farm becomes your responsibility, and a potential liability if it is not done correctly.
• CIERTO has well-established networks and trusted community partners across Mexico who help identify qualified talent; wherever possible, we match expertise to the crops grown.
It’s all in the details.
• Housing, catering and transportation must be negotiated and secured before filing a petition, and legal counsel must be consulted to ensure all documents are accurate.
• CIERTO manages these details and prepares all documentation and contracts for your signature, so you can dedicate your attention to what’s most important—managing your farm.
• CIERTO submits and oversees all visa petition filings with the workforce agency in your state, the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
We professionalize farmwork.
• A high-performing workforce makes all the difference in how efficient and effective your farm operates, and on the quality of your produce.
• CIERTO’s proprietary 10-module, hands-on training series offers an extra round of quality screening and raises the level of professionalism of the workers we present to you.
• We look for workers who are excited to learn and can apply what they learn to their work.
• Training modules help workers develop an understanding of their role and expectations as farm laborers and build valuable skills. We cover such topics as understanding the worksite; understanding their value and contribution to the food supply chain; problem solving; active listening; conflict resolution; teamwork; and personal and food safety.
• We transport successful graduates of our training program to the Mexico-U.S. border to complete 1-90 documentation, conduct an interview and cross passport control.
• We then accompany the crew to the end destination and participate in on-site orientation, providing initial transition support.
We are with you till the end.
• We know that sometimes things happen, and unforeseen problems emerge. We are there to help troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise.
• As an added protection for both you and the workers, we have an independent third party––known and trusted by the crew because they come from a Mexican community––to check in with workers as well as ensure labor contract compliance.
• The contract ends with CIERTO completing exit interviews with you and individual workers to learn from the experience and identify opportunities for improvement.