Receive a $50,000 Incentive for Every 100 Workers Hired:
The Guatemala Workforce Initiative
The Guatemala Workforce Initiative (GWI) provides a direct, bottom line benefit to growers and Farm Labor Contractors (FLCs) in the form of a per-worker incentive for hiring skilled, trained, ethically recruited H-2A workers from Guatemala.
Working with the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, with the support of the U.S. Federal Government, CIERTO has secured funding to provide an incentive of up to $500 per worker to offset the logistical costs of recruiting, training, and transporting Guatemalan workers under the Federal H-2A guest worker program.
GWI Program Overview
Under the terms of the program, CIERTO and our partners will provide funding of up to $500 per worker for the first 2000 workers your farm hires, and up to $300 per worker thereafter.
The goals of the program include:
- Supporting growers in the United States as they work to secure a reliable workforce
- Providing additional ethical and legal pathways for migrant workers to participate in U.S. agricultural industries
- Increasing the number of H-2A workers from Northern Triangle countries, beginning with Guatemala
- Protecting the continuity, safety, and stability of the national food supply chain
Request a Consultation
The H-2A program is intended to help growers who face challenges securing a dependable workforce, by allowing guest workers to work temporarily in the United States under a specialized visa.
Growers must meet certain requirements to participate in the program, and can incur costs related to fulfilling these obligations.
The GWI incentive offsets these costs by covering travel-related expenses at the time they are incurred.
Grower and Worker Benefits
- $500 / $300 GWI per worker, applied to grower’s bottom line
- Significant productivity improvements
- Collaborative H-2A compliance
- Fully vetted, trained, and skilled workers
- A reliable supply chain
- Transparency with 3rd party verification
- Continuity in the agricultural labor supply chain
- Internationally endorsed responsible H-2A recruitment
- End-to-end service: petition, recruitment, visas and transport
- Comprehensive pre-arrival training
Once engaged, CIERTO will hit the ground running, assisting and guiding your team through the recruitment process for Guatemalan H-2A guest workers, including:
- Filing of corresponding petitions with State Workforce Agency, U.S. Department of Labor, and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (U.S.C.I.S.)
- Worker training and orientation on employment contracts
- Full logistical support for transportation of workers from community of origin to Consulate, and to either employer-provided housing or the work site, including provision of hotel accommodations and meals
- Screening of best candidates to meet specific agricultural needs
- Scheduling Consulate appointments for workers
- Completing online applications for each worker’s DS-160
- Escorting workers to the U.S.C.I.S. Application Support Center office for fingerprinting and photos
- Representing and escorting workers to Consulate for Interviews
- Guiding workers through border crossing appointment and I-94 process
- Coordination of housing and catering contracts
- Assessment and compliance assurance for Client payroll
- Assistance with all required reporting throughout contract
Clean, Transparent Recruiting Is Good Business
Significant Productivity Improvements
Fully Trained, Knowledgeable Workers
A Reliable Labor Supply Chain
Collaborative H-2A Compliance
Our Transformational Recruitment Model
Transparent & Free of Charge to Workers
— Partnerships with organizations —
— Verification of recruitment process —
— Surveys of H-2A workers —
— Work with US, Mexican & Northern Triangle Governments —
The CIERTO Difference
Our unique, 3-step verification process creates a collaborative approach between workers & management, in an environment where workers are committed to their employer & free of fear.
We’re the ONLY ethical farm labor recruiter that GUARANTEES COMPLIANCE from community of origin, to the border, to the farm & back home.
“The responsible recruiting of workers is an important & complex issue. Costco is proud to be working with CIERTO – an agency that truly understands the complexities of the issue, and that elevates responsible recruitment practices.”
The Recognized Leader in Responsible Recruiting
CIERTO ethically recruits, trains & places H-2A visa workers on farms throughout North America and Canada. Since 2016 we’ve placed thousands of farm workers, protecting them from fraud, abuse & deception, while securing a reliably stable labor supply chain for our clients.